Monday, March 26, 2012

Today has been a wonderful day. I finished a few products, it started to snow, and I am finalizing plans for when my parents in law come into town to visit us this weekend. Oh yeah, did I mention its general conference weekend? Its a very special weekend for those that are Latter Day Saints. We come together as a family and listen to the Profit of God speak. With so many of us around the world in different situations, we can go to the conference center in Salt Lake City, Utah and be in the same room with the prophet, we can tune in via the website, watch it on television, or listen on the radio. Its a spiritual experience not to be missed! I am just thrilled for this weekend! And it couldn't have come at a better time, the week after is finals for me and Im going to need all the help I can get. 
I know I have promised a tutorial on the ottoman my husband have been making, and that is on its way, we've just hit a few unexpected snags....so it will be a bit longer. Until then though, I have have a surprise!

I made a wreath for our front door recently and its something inspired by the queen of decor and crafts herself, Martha Stewart. 

Materials needed:
Yarn (your choice of color)
Silk flowers ( I got mine at the dollar store, and I bet no one could tell)
Floral tape
Ribbon
Hot glue gun
Foam wreath

Step 1: Take foam wreath, and wrap with yarn.

Step 2: Once finished wrapping, tie a little knot and cut off excess yarn.

Step 3: My flowers came in a bundle, I cut them so they would be individual, 
then I arranged them how I liked and secured them with the tape.

Step 4: I arranged them on the wreath and tacked a few places with hot glue.

Step 5: I added my ribbon and hung it up. 

I hope you have as much fun as I did in making your own wreath. 
XOXO, Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment